Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

'All men are paedophiles'

Qantas and Air New Zealand, two 'local' airlines, have introduced a new 'no men near children' policy. If any unaccompanied child is seated next to a man, the man is forced to move seats.

1) Why shouldn't the child be forced to move seats? Hell, the man was there first! Why can't they seat the child somewhere else?

2) Since when was it decided that all men are paedophiles, and untrustworthy sitting next to unaccompanied children? Obviously since now.

3) Can someone tell me the difference between this kind of blatant and disgusting discrimination, and the discrimination once meted out to black people (still is in some places)? "I'm sorry - no, I take that back, I'm not sorry, you scumbag - you're not allowed to sit next to this (white) person. Get to the back of the plane, or we'll throw you off."

This is another example of stupid fracked-up political correctness that has absolutely no place in modern society. As so rightly pointed out in the linked article above: "It's insane. It's political correctness and cautiousness gone mad."

People should be arrested for the crimes they commit. Until they commit a crime, they should not be treated as if they are criminals. This is placing all men in the categories of 'criminal' and 'paedophile'.

I really wish that an unaccompanied child is seated next to me on a plane when I go over to Australia. I'll tell them to go to hell. Their 'policy' is illegal, discriminatory, and unethical. And if they insist, I'll start raising my voice. I'll make it so embarrassing for them, that they'll have to move the child somewhere else.

Frack 'em.

However, I might consider offering them the opportunity of upgrading me to business class and refunding my airfare for the major inconvenience they've caused me. :-)

UPDATE: it seems that this policy has been in place for a number of years now.

Posted on 11/30/2005 09:56:00 AM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This world is getting crazier by the day, Alan. I've sat next to men on planes and buses all my life without a single incident.

This "policy" is just as stupid as the racial profiling that's going on here in America.

11/30/2005 04:11:00 PM  
Blogger Alan Howard said...

Hi Deborah. This racial and social profiling that's going on is just ridiculous, as far as I'm concerned. I really want someone to profile me, so I can point out to them how stupid it is. I'm sure it won't change their mind, as those who enforce profiling are mindless, unintelligent sheep who think they're doing a good thing by following stupid orders.

Dumbarses, is what I call 'em. That's why 'dumbarses' is one of the categories this is in. :-)

12/03/2005 02:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. Yes, the sheep are harassing the innocent while the guilty are boarding the planes. Hmm.

12/04/2005 06:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006