Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Sunday, March 05, 2000

A chapter ends

A couple of weeks ago, I saw Missy again. I had to go pick up my VCR that I'd lent to her late last year. It was nice seeing her again, but also very hard not to be as I used to be with her. I had to keep reminding myself things were different now... I stayed with her for a few hours, having dinner with her and the kids, which was really nice. I'm not sure if the transition to 'friends only' had been easier for her, but how I was feeling certainly wasn't as comfortable as how she seemed to be. After I returned home, that's when the enormity of it all hit me... It was obvious to me in the week afterwards, that I needed to see her one last time and physically say goodbye to her, in order for it to be real for me, and to emotionally realise it was over. The goodbye that I said to her as I left her place was the goodbye one says to a friend that you know you're going to see again. However, it had symbolic meaning for me due to the fact that I was really saying goodbye to the love we shared.

So that chapter is over.

Next...

Posted on 3/05/2000 07:39:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006