Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Thursday, April 25, 2002

Moving out with Wakana

My life is going along quite nicely at the moment. Things with Wakana are going really well. She suggested a few weeks ago that her and I move into a place of our own together, but I didn't agree with her suggestion. Naturally she wanted to know why. I told her that after my last relationship, I made a vow to myself that I would wait for a year of knowing someone before I decided to move in with them, as many of my past relationships have seen us living together after only a very short time. I felt that I should change the pattern and do things differently in future. Naturally she didn't agree. So we discussed it over the period of a few hours, and we compromised. She wanted me to move in straight away, and I wanted to wait 12 months. So now we're going to live with each other after having known each other for 6 months.

Since then we've been making various plans. It's really nice being with her, and I'm enjoying myself a lot. The plans that we've been making have been for the next 6 months or so. In the next 4 weeks I'm moving out of the place I'm in now. I've started looking already. This will be a temporary move, allowing Wakana and I more space together. In June she's returning to Japan in order to get her work visa renewed, and then she'll come back here. When she returns, she'll stay with me where I'm living while we look for our own place. Two months after this, we're going to Australia for a week or so. It will be time for me to go back for a holiday, and if she's still around and close to me, then she's coming too. I'll show her around Canberra, Sydney and the coast. It should be fun.

For a while now, I've been unable to gain access to FTP capabilities due to my work having upgraded their firewall and prevented external FTP access. However, they've done some more changes and now I've got FTP access back again.

Due to the busy nature of my social life, and with work preventing me from updating my website, I haven't been able to properly maintain this journal. Now that I've got access from work again, I'll be able to spend more time on this (I have more time to do this at work than I do at home!).

I applied for a new role here at Computerland today. It's for the position of Helpdesk Support Co-ordinator. If I get it, it'll mean I won't be on the phones like I am now, which would be just fantastic! It's more of an administrative / management role, which should give me a lot more money than I'm getting now. The stress will be much higher too. I'm not sure if I want it, but I'll find out more about the position (during the interview) and then make my decision. If they offer it to me, that's when the decision will be made. The money is attractive, and if they think I can fulfil the requirements, then I may just agree with them...

Posted on 4/25/2002 07:55:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006