Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Spirituality returns

I was involved in a conversation this afternoon at work with two of my colleagues, Pauline and Liza. It started when Pauline was telling Liza about going to see a medium at the end of September, and Liza said she'd like to go as well. Then they started talking about seances and ouija boards. At that point I got involved, 'cause I can't sit back and let people talk about getting into something that I know can be so dangerous. So after talking about ouija boards, etc, and mediums and psychic abilities, it became obvious to them that I knew a lot about all of this, so discussion turned to what my own experiences were. I told them I used to be able to read people's past and future through psychometry.

They asked me why I stopped, and I said it was because I lost faith. I had an experience which made me doubt everything I had once taken for gospel. They said I should get back into it. Conversation continued, and I told them I used to run a spiritual development group a long time ago. (It seems like only yesterday, but it was 11-12 years ago!) Then they wanted me to run a spiritual development group for them!

I laughed, and said no. They said they'd book out the boardroom for it. I said no. They said they'd send an email around the Wellington office and get interested people to come along. I said NO! They said why not? I said it needs to be in a relaxed environment, where the energy is not so frantic as in a corporate office, and everyone needs to be relaxed and not thinking about work.

So then we started talking about just having conversations about it during lunch hours, and starting up a meditation group after work or on weekends.

Fascinating.

I could be 'forced' back into doing what I left behind 10 years ago. I don't think I'll mind.

Cheesy

We are challenged into doing things that we need to do, even if we don't realise it. So if they want me to run a spiritual development group, and I feel from our conversations that they're serious about it, then that's just what I'll do.

Posted on 9/02/2004 08:09:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006