Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Blink List

Continuing my latest interest in Web 2.0 and 'social bookmarking', I've discovered a bookmarking / tagging site called BlinkList. A good pae that describes it and how it can be used is here: What makes Blink List special.

If you like an entry on this blog you can click on the 'Blink It' button at the bottom of the post. This will bring up a page that will allow you to enter a description of the page you're 'blinking', as well any tags you feel are relevent, and you can then submit it. (UPDATE: I just found out you have to be a member to do that. But hey, it's free!)

You could also join Blink List yourself, and as you find content that's worth sharing or saving, you can do so.

So start blinking me, and blink other sites! Let's get into this Web 2.0 craze.

Posted on 11/01/2005 03:48:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Alan - have a look at Simpy - it's a bit more advanced than Blinklist, with features like Groups, Topics, Topic filters, full-text search, boolean queries, etc.

11/04/2005 07:44:00 PM  
Blogger Alan Howard said...

Thanks Otis, nice of you to drop by and promote Simpy. :-)

I've checked it out, but I honestly don't think it's as good as Blinklist. The main reason, for me, is the tag cloud that they've created, similar to Technorati's, that shows the more popular tags in a larger font than the rest, showing in a glimpse what the most popular content is for the community or for the users. I also like the voting aspect of Blinklist, as well as Digg, allowing the 'community' to decide what is and isn't popular. Oh, and the snazzy interface of Blinklist is WAY cool! :-)

I like how you're promoting Simpy though, and I'm honoured that you've visited my site and left a message. I'll be keeping an eye on Simpy to see how it develops. All the best!

11/04/2005 10:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006