Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Nigerian scammers

I had someone contact me on Yahoo messenger last week. She was an attractive woman from Nigeria who told me she was coming to New Zealand to start up an import/export business in Palmerston North, and she wanted to get to know a few New Zealanders before she came over. Fair enough, I thought, but the first thing I told her was that I wasn't single and wasn't looking. She said that's ok, and asked if we can still be friends. Sure, I said.

We talked briefly once more since then, and then again today. I asked when she was coming to NZ. She said she's having a problem with her Visa. Immediately, this little non-naive person (me!) knew what the story was.

I asked her what kind of problem? Financial, she said. I asked her if she needed some money. Yes, she said. I asked her if she would like me to give her money to help her get to NZ. She said she didn't know how to ask, but yes. I said I bet she says that to all the boys. :-) She didn't understand. I said goodbye.

If anyone from Nigeria contacts you and seems to be friendly, it's just another scam. It's a sad day when every single contact you have with any person of Nigerian nationality has them trying to scam you of money. Must be a national pastime or something.

Posted on 1/14/2006 05:24:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chancelucky said...

Darn, here I was getting ready to ask you to help me pay for my trip to Rotorua.
All those comment and e-mails wasted :{

1/16/2006 07:56:00 PM  
Blogger Alan Howard said...

They weren't wasted... you learnt something... you learnt not to rely on me. :-)

1/16/2006 10:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006