Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Monday, June 05, 2006

The Secret

Deidre and I watched the documentary called The Secret on Saturday night. It's about the Law of Attraction.

The Law of Attraction is a universal law, which you might also know as 'like attracts like'. Whatever is on your mind is what becomes a reality in your life. As was said in the show, "Thoughts... become... things..." The trick is to think of things you want, instead of the things you don't want.

Most people, however, focus on those things they don't want. You know what I'm talking about. They want more money to get out of debt, 'cause all they can think of is the debt they're in. They want a new car, because all they can think about is how horrible their current car is. They want a new job, because they hate their current job.

But the more they FEEL the things they don't want, the more they KEEP what they don't want. And they get more of it!

Why is that?

It's because the universe is giving you those things you are passionate about. Even the things you don't like create passion in you, and the more energy you put into the things you don't want, the more the universe will give it to you. It thinks that the more passionate you are about something, the more you want it.

When you are passionate about those things you want, rather than those things you don't want, and when you can FEEL them, that's when the universe will give it to you.

That's the secret to life, and that's what The Secret is about. It's about the Law of Attraction, about understanding how it works, and how to make it work for you.

I realised over the past couple of days that I already practice the Law of Attraction, but I never knew it. But I also realised that I haven't been practicing it to the full extent of what's possible. I've always got what I wanted, when I really wanted it, I just didn't know I was using the Law of Attraction, and I didn't realise I could have gotten so much more.

At work, I've always gotten items like laptops and PDA's. This is because I've researched what I wanted, I looked at pictures, I visualised owning it, I felt the experience of owning it, and I worked on getting it from work in a way that would benefit both myself and them. Eventually, everything I've wanted has come to me.

It's the same as life. Know what you want, see it, feel it, believe it will be yours, and you will eventually get it in your life. The trick is to see it in your mind, feel the experience of having it, and believing that it will come to you.
  1. See it.
  2. Feel it!
  3. Receive it.
Many professional athletes practice this already. They practice their sport in their minds. They see and feel it, and see and feel their success. They see and feel it so strongly that by the time they get out there to actually do it, it's easy for them to win the event because they've already seen themselves winning it! They believe it so strongly that the universe gives them what they want.

The universe will always give you what you ask for. You have to be clear with what you ask for though. If, in your mind, you see and feel only negative things around you, then that's what you will continue to experience. If all you see is debt, that's all you'll have. If all you see is pain and hardship, then that's all you'll get. If all you see is being single, then you'll always be single. If all you feel is anger for things around you, then that's all you'll continue to experience.

So Deidre and I have started a new path of visualising things, feeling them, and attracting them. We're going to be practicing this every day: visualising, feeling, seeing, and experiencing. We WILL attract to us those things that we really want.

That is the secret.

As part of what I realised this weekend, I've understood even further that my political commentary on this blog only helps to create more of what frustrates me. The more I focus on global injustice, the more I only promote global injustice. In order to change things in the world, I have to focus on what I want, rather than what I don't want. So if I want justice, or peace, then I need to focus on justice and peace, rather than on those things which reflect what I don't want.

So look at your life. Look at what makes you sad, angry, frustrated and unhappy, and realise that's what you're focusing on. Look at what you really want in life, and focus on those things. See them and feel them in your mind, and eventually you will see and feel them in your life.

That is the secret.

I'm going to be doing more of that.

Today we bought a new fridge and washing machine. It's what we've wanted for a long time, so today we got what we wanted. We haven't paid a cent for it. Not yet, anyway. ;-) But we're going to attract more money to us, in one way or another, so that what we've got today on credit will be covered by new income in the future. Even under current circumstances, if we didn't get any new income, we can see no problems occurring. We're not getting more debt. We're getting more things that we want and need, and attracting more prosperity into our lives.

You can do the same. Focus on what you want. See it, feel, it, live it. It will be yours.

Posted on 6/05/2006 07:19:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alan Howard said...

Thanks Peter, that's pretty much what I intend on doing. I've got big ideas, and big plans. Thanks for your encouraging words!

I'll also be updating you and other readers on how things go, as time goes by.

6/05/2006 08:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006