Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

My life in photos

I've started to make use of Flickr for displaying bunches of photos. I've created a 'Best of' album on there, which is the best of the photos since early 2003. I've also found a way of embedding a slideshow of that album in here. Please enjoy.

[UPDATE: Unfortunately, the slideshow didn't work as well as I wanted in here. It screwed up the right-hand column in IE. So please go to the following link to enjoy the slideshow, thanks.]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nzalan/sets/1469573/show/

The main reason I created this album is because I'm going to get the photos printed out. I'll then put them into a photo album and give it to my parents at xmas as a xmas present - photos of my life.

It'll include photos from prior to 2003, of course, but they'll be prints that I already have. Basically I want to give them something that will show them my life oer the past few years, which they've missed out on.

I've seen things and done things that they have only dreamt about. I'm going to give them something that shows them their dreams haven't been wasted, and that I've been experiencing a small part of what they wanted to.

I hope one day to make enough money to allow them to achieve the same dreams. Until then, I can only show them photos of my own adventures.

It's been over a decade since we've seen each other. As I was compiling this album I got a little teary-eyed, seeing all these amazing photos that they will soon see for themselves. And yet, the emotional bit for me is that I've lived it, whereas they'll only see it in photos. It's not quite enough.

Posted on 11/29/2005 02:55:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting blog and Happy Birthday from Milan, Italy.
www.quanteruote.3go.it

11/29/2005 10:47:00 PM  
Blogger Alan Howard said...

Thanks Simone. It's a shame I can't read your blog, but nice pictures. :-)

11/30/2005 08:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006