Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Monday, November 28, 2005

Job interview

Last week, Friday, I went for the interview for the team leader role. I wasn't too sure about it after I had the interview, as I was left with a bit of a sore throat from all the talking I did, the lack of water I drank, and the inate nervousness that goes with job interviews. I didn't have a good feeling in my stomach, thinking that they might have thought I wasn't up to the requirements they were looking for.

I'm still not sure if they think I am, but at least I've got short-shortlisted to the next step, a second interview, so that's a very good sign. Woohoo!

I've got the day off for my birthday tomorrow, and then I have the 2nd interview on Wednesday morning. Apparently, if I do well on this 2nd interview, I'll have to do a psych test. Interesting. They asked me if I have done one of those before, and I said that I had, but it was when I joined the Army Reserves in Australia. The test included questions like, "Have you killed anyone before? Do you sometimes imagine what it would be like to kill someone? How would you feel if a member of your family was killed? How would you feel if you killed someone in combat?"

They assured me there wouldn't be any questions like that in their psych test. :-)

Posted on 11/28/2005 05:31:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck for the interview.

11/28/2005 08:44:00 PM  
Blogger Alan Howard said...

Many thanks! :-)

11/28/2005 08:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting through to the next stage and good luck for Wednesday.

11/28/2005 09:34:00 PM  
Blogger Alan Howard said...

Thanks Karen. :-)

11/28/2005 09:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*keeping fingers crossed*
Well done on making to the interview!

/Emelie

11/28/2005 11:52:00 PM  
Blogger Chancelucky said...

Alan,
best of luck with the interview, and happy b'day by the way. If I'm a day off, it's because we're on the other side of the dateline. :}

11/29/2005 12:40:00 PM  
Blogger Alan Howard said...

Thanks for all the well wishes guys. Update coming soon.

11/30/2005 08:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006