Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Thursday, July 18, 2002

There's magic in the air

A long time ago, there was this woman who helped me realise I could feel magic in my life. One of the reasons for being with her was for me to learn what love was really about. But it wasn't to continue. After we each fulfilled the reason for being in each other's lives, it was time to move on. From her, I learnt how to feel, how to really feel. From me, she gained the means by which she could meet the man who would become her husband.

The magic that I felt was special, and that's what I was looking for again. I was looking for the magic. The spark in my life that signalled what I was experiencing was something absolutely special, and absolutely worthwhile. The spark that triggered feelings in me that would take me down that path of joy and happiness again.

The magic has returned in Nik, this amazing woman who has slipped into my life and pulled normality out from under my feet. Everything changed in so short a time, and the future is looking so very bright.

It's only been a couple of weeks since we physically met for the first time and then really started talking to each other - I mean REALLY started talking. Sharing our attitudes about life, and what we want in the future, and sharing our histories with each other. We share the same thoughts at the same times, and are continuously amazed about how we're on the same wavelength.

She's coming down again to see me in 3 weeks time. She's booked the tickets, and I've booked the hotel (just in case we find we don't actually like each other, at least she'll have somewhere to stay that's not awkward). If things go well, we're going to see each other once a month. I'll fly up in September, she'll fly down in October, and I'll fly up in November, etc etc.

'If things go well?' I hear you ask. Yeh... both of us are tired of being in relationships that don't work. I know I'm tired of it all, and I just want that special person to settle down with. I always have, but I've never been in the right mind at the time. Or they haven't. The relationships never worked for whatever reason. But I'm just really tired of getting into relationships that don't work. And I know that you don't know if a relationship is going to work or not before you try it, but sometimes you get involved in a relationship for the HOPE that it might work. People don't want to be lonely, so they get involved with whoever might have them, just so they aren't lonely any more. But that's the wrong reason.

I've gone through a lot of lessons to learn about who I am, and to gain the strength to be the best that I can be. I've gone through a lot of pain as well. I feel that it's all led me to this point, to who I am now, to meet this woman that I've met. I feel that with everything that we are sharing and learning about each other, it's almost like both our dreams are coming true. And we've already met, so there's no illusions and false expectations about appearances either.

Many internet relationships begin when people meet online and chat and get to know each other, but when they meet, their expectations are crushed because the image that they've built up in their minds about how the other person might look or be when they're face to face is completely different to the reality. Nik and I are different. We met face to face, and then the internet communication began, and we're both just amazed at where this is going for us.

I'm the happiest I've been for a long time, and she knows I don't want this to be just another relationship. Neither does she, and so I'm filled with so much excitement about what's happening.

Naturally, as usual, I'll keep you updated as best I can. :-)


Categories:

Posted on 7/18/2002 08:09:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006