Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Changes

I've finished the training last week, and have been working on site development this week for the department I'm responsible for (in relation to their presence on the new intranet). I realised today that I'm doing what I really love.

Site development involves creating parts of the website to help facilitate more effective work through communication and collaboration. It basically means, for me, that I'm setting things up to help people do their work more efficiently. It's exciting and enjoyable, as I'm running around talking to people, finding out what they want, and then creating something to help them do what they want. It's great! I'm really loving it.

That's change #1.

The second change is that 'princess' and I broke up for the second time on the weekend. Unfortunately, the relationship wasn't going in the direction that I felt happy with, and there wasn't any sense of it getting any better. I've given it 6 months and two attempts, but this last weekend was almost like the straw breaking the camel's back. I realised from a few things she did and wasn't willing to compromise on, that it just wasn't going to work.

It's very sad when something that has so much promise ends up failing. But it's not the promise that keeps people together, it's happiness and satisfaction, and neither of those things were present for me.

I've tried talking to her about it many times, but her reply was only that it was how she was. That's fair enough, but it wasn't something I was happy continuing to be with, under the circumstances of how it was. She knows what I mean, and that's all that matters.

I'm always sorry when something special ends. I just hope that we can be friends and continue enjoying each other's company without the 'stress' of relationship getting in the way of it.

Posted on 9/22/2004 08:12:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006