Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Friday, August 26, 2005

Politics

This past week has been a little bit interesting. I went out to yum cha on Sunday with Vicki and her partner Alan. Afterwards we went to... Starbucks.... for a coffee and more chatting. During the course of the chatting, conversation turned to politics. This is a common thing with me, and moreso at this time as we lead up to the elections about to occur here in NZ, on September 17.

We discussed various political views, and why we were going to vote for the parties that we wanted to vote for. At the end of it, Vicki said to me I should get into politics, because of my persuasive argument supporting my choice. I smiled, but curiously, as I remembered back to a thought I had that morning while I was in the shower.

I'm sure you know how your mind wanders all over the place while showering. It's almost like a meditation on occasions. On this occasion, I got the thought: 'I'd love to get into politics. I wonder if that's what I'm going to do in my future? That'd be cool!'

Over the past week, I've been thinking about that. Me, in politics. What party would I promote? I think I'd have to create my OWN party, one that supports MY beliefs.

I'll be thinking about this a bit more over the coming weeks. I might even create yet another blog that focuses on my political policies and attitudes, and discusses various issues and how I believe they should be resolved.

Just thoughts at the moment, but what do you think? Please leave your comments.

Posted on 8/26/2005 03:24:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chancelucky said...

Alan,
Wny not? You seem to work hard at staying informed and thinking about the issues. If you were in America, that would put you ahead of many of the people who already are active in politics.

I guess my question would be, what do you want to get done by getting in on active basis?

8/27/2005 04:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006