Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Friday, November 04, 2005

A story idea

I've had some ideas running through my head for a couple weeks now, about a series of stories I intend writing. Here's an introductory summary. I intend writing a series of short stories, with each story as if it's a separate mission of some kind, or something like that.

Please give me your feedback about how interesting you think it might be, or anything else you think might be interesting. Feedback on whatever I write in the near future would also be very welcome. Thanks!
Mike Hatcher, ex-Special Forces, current 'ghost', working for the US government as a Federal agent engaged in his specialty - covert and black ops. With Ultra Top Secret clearance and access to any resources he needs, there is nowhere he can't go, and nothing he can't get done.

His latest task is the Head of Security for a new government program called Night Watch. Sure, he'd heard the rumours, and thought he might have even encountered 'them' before, but it wasn't until he was assigned to this new role that he discovered 'they' were real, and 'they' were here.

An alien race had arrived. While their purpose was a secret, their presence wasn't. Night Watch was there to investigate the aliens and engage in 'first contact' for peaceful co-operation - if possible. If not possible, then it was there to protect humanity. And Mike Hatcher was good at his job.

Posted on 11/04/2005 06:12:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chancelucky said...

mmm....I've always liked Area 51/Roswell type stories. I'd need a few more "unique" or idiosynchratic details to have hmore of a sense of whether I'd keep reading this one.

As I said, I love the genre so would give it a chance even in a blind read.

11/05/2005 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger Alan Howard said...

I've always been a fan of The X Files until Mulder left. Bastards! I've always liked the idea of special agents or special forces personnel involved in fighting aliens. You can have more action in such stories, which often makes for a good story.

The movie Signs was a great look at alien invasion from the people who hide in the basement during such things, and their weapons involve household items. While certainly unique, it wasn't of a nature that allows you to continue stories of the same theme.

Soldiers and investigators make ideal characters because they have the resources to seek out adventure and the means of (usually) dealing with whatever they find.

I have a twist with my alien invaders though. I don't want to follow the standard themes, and I'm sure whatever I write would be boring if I did.

It's a theme that I thought of about a decade ago, but haven't explored yet. Just you wait until you see what I've got in store... :-)

11/05/2005 12:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006