Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Holiday - Day 14

After breakfast at the hotel we went to the Chinese Gardens that were just around the corner from the hotel. Remember, this is at Darling Harbour, in the centre of Sydney. Amazing...

This was my very first attempt ever at a new technique I read about, where you adjust the shutter exposure down to 1/15th of a second when you want to take a photo of a waterfall or something like it. It smooths the water and gives a very pleasant photo...


We found lizards in the gardens as well. I like this shot...






After we finished at the gardens we went for another walk around Darling Harbour. Naturally, I had to take a photo of the Australian flag that was flying. I'm very patriotic, did you know?


While on our last walk around Darling Harbour, we got ourselves a drink before we headed off to the train station to go south for an hour, to where Deidre's mum would pick us up. This is us on the train, and me with my new hat. I got sick of wearing a cap and yet still getting my ears and neck sunburnt in Canberra, and I only wish I'd bought it earlier. Deidre helped me pick it out, saying it was the only hat that suited me, and which she'd be seen dead with me...


I helped Deidre's mum, Lesley, buy herself a xmas present - a new laptop. I helped her get a good deal on a good laptop that suited her needs. Nowhere near what I'd get for myself, but considering my standards are over $3000 and her needs are less than $1000, she ended up getting a great laptop as far as I'm concerned. I then spent a few hours setting it up for her. This is a photo of her new laptop in the front and mine in the back; I was playing with them both while sitting in the lounge room having something to eat...

Posted on 12/24/2005 10:25:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006