Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

"People trapped in the internet trying to come back to life"

Someone was doing a web search for "people trapped in the internet trying to come back to life" and that brought them to my site. I can understand why, since 'life' is in both the search phrase and the name of my site.

However, it got me to wondering. Are there ghosts trapped in the internet? How do we know if any of the people who make comments on blogs aren't actually 'ghosts in the machine'?

We don't!

Any person that you don't know and haven't seen in real life, could be a ghost, a lost spirit of someone who was addicted to the internet, and who, when dead, continued their existence by commenting on blogs.

Can you imagine the kind of Hell that would be, you spend an eternity trawling blogs and commenting on them? Scary shit.

Almost as scary as the kind of person who's looking for information on people trapped in the internet and trying to come back to life....

Posted on 1/17/2006 01:03:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chancelucky said...

A few years ago, I had an internet friend who died. I was on my computer a few days after his death and he started hailing me in msmessenger.

It scared the heck out of me for a moment, until it became clear that it was his best friend who was shutting down his computer for him.

I imagine someday, we'll have blogs and hard drives as items that have to be dealt with in wills. Not as fascinating as internet ghosts, but interesting in its own way.

1/18/2006 02:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006