Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Monday, February 27, 2006

Caring for an injured bird

My cat, Eve, decided to give us a small gift yesterday, around 5pm. Or at least tried to. However, she was banished outside, while her gift, a small bird, was rescued and put into a tissue box on top of some tissues. While Eve was outside complaining about being deprived of her carefully chosen gift, I was inside monitoring the health of the bird.

I think it had a broken leg, and it's tail had been ripped out. It was also probably suffering various internal injuries. It failed to pull through, however, and expired around 8pm.

I wrapped it up in the tissues and carefully placed it into the rubbish bin. There's nowhere really to bury it around here, and besides, it'll only be dug up again by Eve or another cat. So the bird went to the great Bird God of the Rubbish Dump.

Posted on 2/27/2006 06:08:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my cats, but I don't like it when they bring me presents either. Especially birds.

Poor thing.

3/02/2006 10:20:00 PM  
Blogger Alan Howard said...

yeh, it wasn't very nice.... I hoped it would survive, but I suspected that would be a difficult thing. Shock can be the greatest killer of small creatures too.

3/02/2006 10:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006