Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Fat and angry

I found a website during my travels yesterday that was written by a fat woman. I could tell because she said she was 'fat'... anyway, she was talking about how she went to the supermarket to buy some food, and was browsing through all the fattening foods. Suddenly one of the supermarket attendants came over and stood next to her, talking about all the nutritional foods that were there, and offering information about nutritional values of the various foods. She told him to piss off, that she wasn't interested in knowing about nutrition. He shrugged, and walked away.

She then spent the rest of her post ranting and raving about this man, and how evil and fracked up (my words) he was for daring to talk about nutritional values. She believed he was calling her fat, you see, and so he became the worst person in the world. In fact, he was so bad, that she spent a great deal of time expressing her absolute hatred and loathing of this individual, with 'evil' featuring heavily, along with 'die', and a few other choice words.

The amount of hatred in this post just made me close it and move on to somewhere else. It seemed to be to be the average reaction of a very large woman who hated herself so much, that her hatred was expressed to anyone or anything that pointed out to her how fat she was, and how much she hated it.

I felt it was very sad, but it wasn't something I needed to read. I wonder how many others found her blog, and were appalled by the hatred she had for someone who was only trying to help and left it as quickly as they could...

Posted on 3/15/2006 05:20:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pointless saying all that if you don't have a link so that your readers can view this hateful message....especially your FAT readers who may be able to empathise with her situation.Got to be thorough Alan!

3/16/2006 08:35:00 AM  
Blogger Alan Howard said...

1) Expressing my opinion on my blog isn't pointless. That's what my blog is for. It's up to me whether or not I link to someone.

2) Seeing as how you use my name, it seems apparent that you know me personally. I'm disappointed that someone I know prefers to hide behind 'anonymous'. Got something to hide?

3) Read more about my opinions on fat here - 'Proud to be fat?'

4) Thanks for commenting! I'm glad that, even anonymously, you're interested in reading and commenting. Keep it up! :-)

3/16/2006 09:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paragraph 2 and 4 are controversial..:-(. Make up your mind Alan...You have set up your blog so that a reader can select anonymous if he chooses so whats the problem.I read your name on your profile in this blog and thats where I got your name from...I know you from this blog and no where else frankly..actually getting a feeling that I may delete your blog. I respond to all blogs as anonymous and thats my preference and none of yours or anyone elses business that I choose to be an unidentified persona.Right now I too am feeling "Fat and angry"

3/16/2006 12:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006