Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

New kitten in the house

Deidre and I got ourselves a new kitten tonight, which is small, cute and fluffy. Yeh, I know, it's gonna get older, bigger, not-so-cute and probably very fluffy. But hey, it's what we both decided on, and it's what we both want, and it's going to be very cool.

Except Eve doesn't like it. As we thought. But Eve will just have to get used to it. :-)

I think she's (yes, 'she') about 6-8 weeks old. She still squeaks instead of meows. I'll be taking her to the vet tomorrow, to get her checked out and stuff. Or Friday... or as soon as I can get her checked out. She cost $5 from some people who had kittens they didn't want. Much better than the $150 - $250 from pet stores, etc. Yes, I know, there's still the costs of vet care, etc. It's ok.

I'll provide some more photos later, as we take more of them over time.

UPDATE: We're probably going to call her 'Geisha'.

Posted on 4/05/2006 10:24:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looks tiny. I love them at that age. Yes, she will grow older, bigger and fluffier, but she'll have you totally devoted by then. As you should be.

My babies are coming up to 18 months old, and I act as if they are as small as Geisha.

Poor Eve! Now she has to share the cuddles.

4/06/2006 08:00:00 PM  
Blogger Alan Howard said...

Yes, Eve's still upset that there's an 'intruder' in the house. It's actually quite amazing to watch. There's actualy quite a lot of fear there, which is just bizarre.

This morning, as part of my 'getting to know each other' training, I put them both into the lounge room and closed the door, so that Eve has nowhere to run, while Geisha was locked in the cat cage. Eve did a lot of growling, and hiding behind the couch. Eventually, I opened the door, after about an hour, so that she could leave. She moved ever so slowly towards the door, keeping an eye on the kitten, continuously growling. The kitten made a clicking sound as it scratched at the cage, and the sound caused Eve to just bolt down the hallway.

It seemed obvious that she's more afraid of this creature just a bit bigger than her head, than anything else.

I don't understand that. I've had Eve since she was 10 weeks old, and she's never had - as far as I know - any instances where she was beaten up by a kitten.

But I'll keep persevering.

I took Geisha to the vet yesterday for a checkup, and apart from having some fleas (I caught two of them last night, as they were trying to abandon her after the flea treatment), she's quite healthy, which is good. But the vet said that if the cats can't get on after two months, then I'll probably have to consider giving away Geisha. Hopefully Eve will settle down before that happens.

4/07/2006 10:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006