Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Friday, November 04, 2005

4 November 2005 - New Plymouth, NZ

When I went to New Plymouth yesterday, this is a photo of Mt Taranaki that I took in the morning:

In the afternoon, I took a couple more. This time there was a bit of cloud hovering around the peak:
And then this is a bit more of a closeup of the peak and the cloud:

In the very late afternoon, under a cloudy sky with the sun trying to break through, was an almost nice view of the New Plymouth beach...

As I said, almost nice. But hey, the mountain was great anyway!


Categories: ,

Posted on 11/04/2005 07:18:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

5 Comments:

Blogger Alan Howard said...

Thanks Scot, I agree completely. Unfortunately I don't always get the chance to contemplate anything as a result of the scenery, but that's why I take the photos, in the hope that they provide an atmosphere for contemplation at a later date. There's been a few photos I've taken here and there that have captured the essence - the atmosphere - of being there, and I've spent hours looking at the photo and just thinking about... stuff. It's the capture of the emotional moment that keeps me taking photos. I'm glad you liked this lot!

11/05/2005 01:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy looking at your photos. Are you, or have you ever considered, becoming a professional photographer?

11/06/2005 08:28:00 PM  
Blogger Alan Howard said...

I'm actually a little surprised here. I wasn't as happy with this series of photos as I would have liked, as I didn't have the time to find a better vantage point for better shots. I also would have liked to have gotten a lot closer, but didn't have the time, as I was busy driving from one client location to another. So, even though I don't think the photos are that good, thanks for the compliments!

Now... yes, I want to become a professional photographer. "My goals in life include being a writer and a photographer, and travelling around the world a few times." That was back in 2003, but it hasn't really changed. I still want to be a writer and a photographer and travel the world doing both those things.

There are two things stopping me from doing this. 1) I don't have enough money to use as a backup in case I don't earn anything in my travels, and 2) I don't have a professional camera to take professional photos. I've only got an amateur camera, and that's all I am as well. One day that's likely to change.

Of course, if anyone wants to help me on the path, I'm open to donations. *grin*

11/06/2005 08:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The photos are great. The area in which you live must be beautiful, that's the impression I get from the photos.

11/06/2005 11:30:00 PM  
Blogger Alan Howard said...

Thanks Karen. Your impression is right. :-)

11/07/2005 07:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006