Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Holiday - Day 12

Deidre and I are having a lovely, relaxing, do-nothing day today. This morning we went into civic, the centre of Canberra, and had brunch.

After brunch we had a brief walk around Civic, just so I can show you the following scenes of the centre of civic. There's a very strong cafe culture here, which is just awesome.






Canberra is such a beautiful place, and I hope you've been able to see some of that through my photos.

We're about to go to visit my friend Damien. I'll get some photos this time, as I didn't get any when we had dinner with him and his wife, Jamie, and their daughter, the other night. Tonight we're catching up with Darlene again, with drinks at her house. I'll get to see her kids again. I remember them as 4 and 6 years old, now they're 11 and 13...

Today is the last day here, which I'm very sad about. Tomorrow morning, 7am, we're leaving, driving to the coast to visit my friend Kath for an hour or two, before heading north up the coast to Wollongong. We're going to drop in on Deidre's mum and offload most of our luggage, taking only overnight bags with us to Sydney. Tomorrow night we're staying at the Novotel Hotel in Darling Harbour, a very exclusive and beautiful tourist spot.

Don't worry, you'll get to see the photos. :-)

Posted on 12/22/2005 05:18:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006