Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Holiday - Day 24

My last day in Australia.

We were dropped off at Dan's place by Deidre's mum, and I said my goodbye to her. Then Dan, Deidre and myself went into the city, to a place called The Rocks. It's quite a large area, but this shows that The Rocks has some of the oldest buildings in Australia... It's where the first settlers came onshore over 200 years ago, and Australia became a British colony.

The Rocks is also in between the Sydney Opera House and...

...the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

This is a photo, as you can probably tell, of Deidre and Dan...

This is where the ferries dock at Circular Quay, which is just next to The Rocks...

On the way back to Dan's car, afterwards, we walked through Victoria Barracks, the army base that Dan works at. This is just a small part of it...

And then, the last view of Sydney before I catch the plane back to New Zealand, is from the airport. This was a very nice view looking back to the city. I felt very lucky to have got such a photo...

And that, dear friends, is the end of my holiday in Australia.

I was sad to leave, but not as sad as I've felt in the past when I've left it. I have a wonderful woman who is with me in NZ, so I've felt happy at returning. Plus, I've got lots of wonderful ideas about building my future, which I've been eagerly looking forward to returning home so I can get started.

We plan on moving to Canberra by the end of 2006. So much to do, so little time....

Posted on 1/03/2006 11:45:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006