Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Saturday, December 30, 2000

Single again after leaving Michelle

Well, it's been a while again since my last update. I keep on not wanting it to be a habit, but it keeps on being one…

Nearly three weeks ago, I left Michelle. This was because I realised that things just weren't as good as they were, or could have been. I felt that we needed some space, and so I ended the relationship. Obviously this affected her considerably, and it was quite a rough time for a while. I wanted to maintain a good friendship though, hoping that we could get back on track. This was very difficult to do, but I think we're back together as friends. I don't know what will become of it… we might just remain as friends, or we might get back together. I know that we've both got a lot of work to do with our way of being with each other if we want to get back together, but right now I feel that it's best we're apart, that we're not a couple.

For most of my life I've had women leave me, and I know how devastated I've been. This is the first time I've chosen the ending of a relationship, and while I know it's been devastating for Michelle, it's something that I needed to do for my own peace of mind. Things just weren't working between us, and I felt a desperate need to end the unhappiness. I hoped that we could stay together as friends though, and I'm happy that's what's happened. You never know… one day we might get back together again. Stranger things have happened.

When I made this decision to leave her, it seemed obvious that I wouldn't be going with her to England, as we'd originally planned. Michelle tried to change my ticket into her own name, but the travel agency told her early this week that they couldn't do that. Nor would they give a refund on the ticket. It was, unfortunately, "use it or lose it". So, after discussing this, I agreed to her request to join her in going to England anyway. My reasoning in accepting her request was that we had re-established our friendship pretty well, and I didn't want to have that money that had been spent to be wasted, and the added incentive of seeing another country - of seeing England, followed by a week in Canberra, Australia, on the way back home. I'm really looking forward to seeing all my friends again.

So now I'm going to England. I'm leaving next Thursday - exactly a week away now. Am I excited? Ummm…. YES! Hehehe. The only 'problem' I've got now is to buy some warm clothing for it, as Christmas in London will be COLD!! While I've got my winter clothes, I don't think they'll be quite enough for London in winter… So I'll be shopping this weekend.

Since I left Michelle, I've been sharing with a couple of friends, temporarily. Today I arranged with another friend to move in with him when I get back from overseas. He lives in a nice area in a nice house (same suburb I'm in right now), and my room will be pretty good too. Sharing again… will it ever stop? One day, I'm sure. My job is going really well, and it looks like I've got a decent future with the company - at least in the short term. Nothing's been confirmed yet about my contract extension, or whether they'll make me permanent. Time will tell. I do know, however, that if they continue to want me, I'll continue to stay. I'll also buy a nice car… Cars are cheaper here than in Australia, so I'm sure to get a good buy.

Ok, that's all from me until next time. And there WILL be a next time… I just don't know when! Be patient… I'm still around. You can't get rid of me that easily.
*smile*

Posted on 12/30/2000 06:30:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006