Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Blog Review: Bark / Bite

Title: Bark / Bite

Description: "Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie? Or are you gonna bite?"

What I like about this blog is that it bites! The author doesn't hold back on the language, especially when he's disgusted about something. And he sure does find something to be disgusted at on a relatively regular basis!

It's a blog that's mostly about US politics, and the author's view of it. I'm suspecting that if he carries on having the fits of pure anger that I see every now and again, he'll end up having a heart attack!

But it's refreshing to see such anger, especially if you feel the same way the author does. He says the things that we all feel, but with such intensity, that we're glad we just don't feel as extreme about it as him. An example:

What the fuck is up with these people? Do they not get that there are limits in this country designed to keep their fucking bronze-age sky god out of our fucking laws (let alone our uteri--I know that if I had a uterus, I would really, really not want Jehovah climbing up inside it and making mischief)?

Oh, I'm sorry--in case you've been living in a "Hmmmm!! Hmm!! I've got my fingers in my ears and I can't hear all the feminists in the fucking country screaming at once Hmmmm!!" cave, I am of course, referring to the charming piece of legislation proposed by one Patricia Miller (R-Indianapolis) of the Indiana Legislature.

Charming. But oh so amusing!

I've been enjoying Bark /Bite ever since I found it a few months ago. His views aren't groundbreaking, but they're personal and emotional. And that makes them interesting.



Categories:

Posted on 10/26/2005 11:48:00 AM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chancelucky said...

Alan,
I like the new feature. It's kind of like a very enriched link to your linked sites and more important it made me take a closer look at Bark/Bite than I did pre-review.

10/26/2005 01:08:00 PM  
Blogger Alan Howard said...

I'm glad you like it Chance. Your site's being reviewed tomorrow. *grin*

10/26/2005 01:14:00 PM  
Blogger Rathsgeber said...

Hey--thanks for the kind words. The other day someone told their readers, "You should pretty much go and read everything he's written on his blog right goddamned now." Stuff like this is, in the latin sense of the word, inspiring. Thanks again.

10/26/2005 02:10:00 PM  
Blogger Alan Howard said...

Thanks Robert, nice to hear from you. Your site is definitely worth it.

10/26/2005 10:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006