Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Friday, December 02, 2005

Birthday party

My friend Vicki had her birthday on November 15th, while mine was November 29th. We were unable to organise a joint party for in between those dates, so we organised it for 3rd December. That's tomorrow night. It's a joint birthday / christmas party, as it seemed like a good time to combine the whole lot, especially since Deidre and I are going away IN ONE WEEK, so we won't be able to do any christmas parties either. I'll have more of an update on Sunday.

The last time I had a party was for my 31st. Eight years ago. I had 28 people turn up to it, which wasn't bad considering I invited 30. I'm not one for parties, as you can probably tell, since my last one was 8 years ago, and so the only reason I'm having this party is because of Deidre and Vicki. They both like celebrating parties and special occasions, so I'm doing it for them.

Which isn't a bad thing! For so many years, I didn't have anyone special in my life to share the good - and the bad - times with, so it's pretty exciting to be able to celebrate it with Deidre now.

I've been looking for that 'special someone' to share my life with, and now that we're together, I'll celebrate for any reason!

Posted on 12/02/2005 08:39:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not into parties at all.
I'm very shy around people I don't know.

12/03/2005 04:40:00 AM  
Blogger Alan Howard said...

I'm not that shy, but I'm not into parties. You've inspired me to write another post...

12/03/2005 02:24:00 PM  
Blogger Passion said...

Happy birthday Alan and hope your party go well.

I am not shy but I am not into the Kiwi style of party. The problem is that it often involves alcohol and it is usually very loud - so loud that I often can't carry a conversation with people as my voice just doesn't go at all in that kind of environment. However if it's a party less noisy and I can carry on conversations with people I'll be fine. I am not anti-sical, you just have to be able to have effective communication to enjoy!

12/03/2005 06:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006