Top 7 reasons to have a blog
If you're wondering why YOU should have a blog, wonder no more. Here are the top 7 reasons for you to have a blog.
- Share knowledge. You know something. You might not know what you know, but if you think about it for a bit, you'll know what you know. There are other people out there who would love to know what you know! So sharing what you know with those that don't know will be rewarding to you, and to them. You know?
- Networking. Those people that want to know what you know, they'll be interested in talking about it with you. They'll also be interested in telling others about what they've learnt from you. All those people become part of your network. Networks are valuable.
- Learn new things. Networks can help you learn new things. While you share your knowledge with others, they can be sharing their knowledge with you. You can learn things from them that you never knew you needed to know! And everyone benefits from the win-win scenario blogging.
- Improve your writing. If you're interested in writing articles, stories, short stories, or even just journal entries, blogging is a great way of improving those writing skills. Some people have turned their blogs into book deals, but you might just want to become a better writer for the sake of it.
- Make money. Once you've improved your writing skills you can use them to make money by selling what you write as articles or books. Or you can even place advertising on your site once you get enough people visiting (it's called 'traffic'), so that the more you write about that's of interest to people, the more advertising they'll be interested in clicking on, and the more money you'll be making from it. You have to find ways of providing value to people though, or they won't be interested in coming or coming back to your blog.
- Therapy. You might have a few issues in your life that you want to talk about, but you don't want to be judged for. Having a blog can be therapeutic. You can be an anonymous blogger if you don't want anyone to know you for having your issues, or you can choose to just 'let it all out' and to hell with it. Either way, being able to talk about those things that are of concern to you is an excellent way to get rid of them from your life. Most people who find your blog won't know you, so they might even have some non-biased or non-prejudiced advice for you that could just change your life. Blogging, at least, will change your life.
- Be cool. Blogs and blogging are the latest greatest thing on the internet. Everyone's got one, and if you don't have one, then you're just not cool. Be cool and get a blog! :-)
Posted on 1/21/2006 01:15:00 PMBacklinks
If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.