Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Monday, February 06, 2006

King Kong revisited

Deidre and I saw King Kong last night, the second time for me. An absolutely hilarious event happened for me... but not for Deidre. There was a scene when Ann Darrow was being checked out by a giant centipede... Deidre hates bugs. Really hates them. Hates them so much that seeing a giant centipede with its giant feelers touching Ann's face had Deidre almost hysterical. So while she's screaming - literally screaming - with horror, disgust and whatever else, I was laughing at the fact that she was screaming. I've never seen her screaming like that before in a movie, so it was quite amusing.

I'm glad we didn't go to the cinema to see it, as we probably would have been thrown out. As it was, I was afraid that the neighbours might call the police, thinking I was murdering her or something. *grin*

Posted on 2/06/2006 05:02:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it was because she realised at that stage of the movie she still had to sit through at least another hour and a half.
I had similar responses during that movie but mine were more of a nauseating feeling.

2/06/2006 11:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was mean, Alan, I hope she hit you for laughing. ;)

2/07/2006 11:28:00 AM  
Blogger Alan Howard said...

Karen - nah, it just made her scream/laugh harder. Hehehe

Nikos - read my earlier post about King Kong for my original thoughts on it.

2/07/2006 11:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006