Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Sunday, April 30, 2006

A friend's wedding

My very good friend Vicki was married yesterday to her new husband, Alan.  (Good men share a good name.  Hehehe.)  Deidre and I were there, enjoying the ceremony and reception, and I took over 200 photos. 

They had an 'official' photographer who was a friend who offered to take the photos for free.   I was their unofficial backup.  Which was good, 'cause the other guy seemed to hang around at the back of the church, while I was up the front from all kinds of different angles, getting all the good shots.  The other guy was there for photos between the ceremony and reception, but then he disappeared and was never seen again.  So it's a good thing I continued getting all the good photos.

I'll be putting them up on a website somewhere, so guests, etc, can see samples and then choose to buy those they want to.  I'll put some of the best in my own photo blog as well.

Posted on 4/30/2006 01:00:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

3 Comments:

Blogger   said...

Good on you, mate. I was talking to a pro the other day about photography, and he says to do it right, you’d need top gear and it’d cost $3k. So if you are going to get your mates to do it, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to have a back-up. Vicki and Alan II were right to get you involved.

4/30/2006 07:35:00 PM  
Blogger Alan Howard said...

To do it right, I'd be aiming to spend at least $6000. A fantastic camera, good tripod, extra lenses for different purposes, filters, storage cards, etc. And that's not including the expenses of setting myself up as a business, with business cards, pamphlets, awesome website, studio, etc. The costs are high.

I'm hoping to just potter along, building my skills and my reputation, and as I get paid for various stuff, use that money to invest back into building my business and skills and portfolio.

5/01/2006 11:51:00 AM  
Blogger   said...

True. The half-decent lenses go for $3k each on top of the unit …

5/01/2006 01:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006