Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Saturday, April 22, 2006

It's a small world

Deidre and I went to look at a rental property this morning, to see if it's somewhere we'd like to move to.  The place was nice, and we'll be taking it if the landlord decides we're the ones he wants.

And that's where the small world comes into it...

The landlord is an ex manager from where I work, who I used to have a good rapport with.  "Oh God, not you," he said today, when he recognised me.  The rapport was still there.  And then, it turns out that the current tenants are also people I know, who are good friends with one of my good friends!  "He's getting the place," he said to the landlord when he recognised me.  We all had a good laugh.  The landlord reminded us that he was committed to seeing a whole bunch of other people as well, but he didn't worry about the rental reference we had.  "I don't need that," he said.  We left with a good feeling, not only about the place, but about our chances.

It's funny, but Lee Pletzer has been looking around for a place for over a week now.  We look at one place, and get these things happen to us...  Maybe not funny for Lee though...  (Sorry Lee!)  But I better not count the chickens before they've hatched.  We don't have the place yet, we just have the good feeling.  So we'll see.

UPDATE: We didn't get the place.  Interesting coincidences, but nothing else.  Ah well...

Posted on 4/22/2006 11:32:00 AM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006