Some facts about Iran
- Iran is a signatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT)
- The NPT gives every state the right to develop and use nuclear energy for peaceful purposes
- As a member of the NPT, Iran is submitted to regular inspections by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
- There has been no evidence found by anyone, anywhere, including the IAEA, that Iran is developing nuclear weapons
- In 2006 Iran resumed its nuclear energy program, according to its right as a signatory to the NPT
- India, Pakistan and Israel are NOT members of the treaty
- India and Pakistan have nuclear weapons, while the Israeli government refuse to confirm or deny they also have them
Remember, there has been no evidence that Iran is developing nuclear weapons.
So what does it all mean, really?
It means there's a Bush Administration that wants to lie their way into another war, by planting false information into the media and American people about Iran, in order to obtain support for another war. Nothing new really.
Except this time I expect America is going to get a few nasty surprises when they realise the repercussions of such actions.
Posted on 4/18/2006 09:12:00 AMBacklinks
If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.