Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Sunday, August 25, 2002

Into the future

Over the past few weeks it's become obvious to me that something amazing is happening in my life. It's all about the future that I'm heading into right now, and it's with Nic.

I've realised that much of what I've been doing within the process of getting to know her has been influenced by my experiences with Michelle, and others on a lesser scale. Those things that I experienced with Michelle helped me realise what I don't want in my life, and I've been on my guard about that ever since. There's been a running joke about testing each other against what we want in a partner, and what we don't want, and while it's been a joke between us, it's also the truth.

Both of us have been to places in our past where we never want to go again. And we've discovered that both of us are what we have each always wanted in another person.

About 8 years ago I wrote out a description of 'My Ideal Woman' and kept it in my wallet all the time since then. Nic is my ideal woman, and apparently I'm her ideal man (although she never kept a description in her purse). What we've learned about each other has been amazing. Our attitudes towards life intermix, along with our attitudes towards relationships.

We are both at the best time of our lives for each other, and it's been fantastic!

We're in love, and both of us are working towards achieving the dream of a future together.

What's even more exciting is that the universe seems to be somewhat working in our favour as well. My employer is expanding into Auckland with the helpdesk, and they're excited by the fact that I want to move up there. So they're looking at employing me up there in the same role, but the advantage for them is that they won't need to look for and hire a person for the role that I'd be taking. Of course, they need to hire other people up there, but I'm one less person they'd need to worry about hiring. So they're excited, I'm excited, Nic's excited... everything's falling into place for a particular path for me to follow, and the whole thing is just fantastic!

I'm looking at moving early next year. Nic and I are already planning a lot of the things that we're going to be doing together as we begin the rest of our lives.

She was down here last weekend, and we spent the entire weekend together, enjoying each other's company, and finding out if we click physically, like we click mentally and emotionally. We clicked. It was a great weekend. On the 6th September I'm going up there, and we'll be seeing each other every month until I'm there permanently.

My life has changed again, and I'm moving forward into something more wonderful than I've ever had before.

I love it. I love Nic. Life is great.

:-)


Categories:

Posted on 8/25/2002 08:11:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006