Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Drive-Through Fast Food

Is it the same in your part of the world, where drive-through fast food isn't fast at all? Over here, drive-through is VERY annoying. Slow? You wouldn't believe how slow!

On a number of occasions I've gone to McDonalds or KFC and parked in the carpark. As I climb out of the car and walk to the door to go inside, I see the car parked in the drive-through, waiting for their order. I've gone inside, waited in line while choosing my order, placed my order, paid for my order, waited for my order, gone back outside to the car - and the same car is sitting in the drive-through, in the same spot as when I went in.

They should call it "Drive-Through for SLOW Food".

And what is it about the people on the other end of the intercom? 1) you can't understand them, and 2) they're STUPID! Here's an example of a typical drive-through experience.

ME: Waits... a long time

INTERCOM GIRL: blah blah blah blah please place your order when ready

ME: I'd like a blah blah burger with medium fries and a large blah (drink)

INTERCOM GIRL: would you like fries with that?

ME: (thinking) IF I WANTED FRIES WITH THAT, I WOULD HAVE ASKED! AND SINCE I SPECIFICALLY SAID NO FRIES, WHY THE HELL ARE YOU ASKING ME IF I WANT FRIES WITH THAT!!!

ME: No fries thanks

INTERCOM GIRL: (repeats order without the drink) Would you like a drink?

ME: (thinking) WHAT THE...?! ARE YOU STUPID? I ASKED FOR A DRINK IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

ME: Yes, I would like a medium blah (drink).

INTERCOM GIRL: That will be blah blah dollars and blah cents, please drive to the first window when ready

ME: (thinking) Does that mean I can sit here picking my nose until I'm ready to drive through? Does it mean that the 14 cars queued up behind me can wait until I'm ready to continue on to the window? What's with the "when you're ready" bullshit?

ME: Thank you

Posted on 7/26/2005 02:49:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006