Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Christmas Holiday Itinerary

Deidre and I will be travelling around parts of Australia for a month, and this is our itinerary.

2005
Saturday 10 Dec

Wellington 6am - Sydney 7:40am
Sydney 1:45pm - Adelaide 3:20pm
(Notes: while in Adelaide, will be staying with Deidre's dad and catching up with the following people: Phillip and Stephen (my brothers), Simon and Ben (friends I haven't seen for over a decade), and Jocelyn, a friend of Deidre's.)

Sunday 11 Dec
Xmas party at Deidre's dad's

Tuesday 13 Dec
Renting a car and driving to Berri, to visit my parents

Wednesday 14 Dec
Driving back to Adelaide

Friday 16 Dec
Adelaide 12pm - Sydney 2:25pm
Renting a car and driving to Canberra
(Notes: while in Canberra, will be staying with James and Kylie, and catching up with the following friends of mine: Peter C, David G, David O, Nick, Darlene, and Damien. Very disappointed not to be catching up with my friend Mel, but she'll be in Perth at the time.)

Friday 23 Dec
Driving back to Sydney, dropping off car and then staying overnight at Novotel, Darling Harbour.

Saturday 24 Dec
Catching train to Wollongong, to stay with Deidre's mum.

Sunday 25 Dec
Christmas Day. Party of some kind with Deidre's family

Monday 26 Dec
Relaxing

Tuesday 27 Dec
Catching up with my friend Dan, staying overnight.

Wednesday 28 Dec
Deidre returns to Wollongong to stay with her mum, I'm staying with Dan.

Friday 30 Dec
Deidre rejoining me, catching up with my friend Peter H, staying overnight.

Saturday 31 Dec
New Year's Eve. Catching up with Deidre's friends David and Celeste, staying overnight.

2006
Sunday 1 Jan

Relaxing. Return to Wollongong?

Tuesday 3 Jan
I'm leaving Sydney 6:05pm to Wellington 11:15pm. Will be seen off at the airport by Deidre and Dan. Deidre's staying at her mum's.

Saturday 7 Jan
Deidre leaves Sydney 6:05pm to Wellington 11:15pm.

Posted on 11/22/2005 09:31:00 AM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chancelucky said...

Alan,
I take it that both you and Deidre are Australians who moved to New Zealand. Are there a lot of you?

I hate to confess this, but we Americans see Australians and New Zealands as Oceanics and sometimes lump the two countries together in our minds.

In any case, have a good holiday.

11/22/2005 09:56:00 AM  
Blogger Alan Howard said...

Hi Chance. Deidre was born here to Australian parents, who nationalised her as Australian after she was born, and then brought her back to NZ where she's been ever since. Her parents split when she was 18, and her dad moved to Adelaide, while her mum moved to Wollongong, just south of Sydney, only a couple years ago. Ever since then, Deidre's been wanting to move to Australia to be closer to her family.

Me, I came here for a woman 5 years ago. Turned out the woman I came here for wasn't the woman I was meant to be here for. Now that I've found her, I can go back to Australia with her, which suits her just fine. :-)

There aren't that many Aussies living in NZ. There are far more kiwis (as the New Zealanders call themselves) living in Australia. Particularly at Bondi Beach, Sydney.

I've been saying for a while now that inside every kiwi is an Aussie, trying to get out. It's so true! :-)

11/22/2005 01:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

>>>>I've been saying for a while now that inside every kiwi is an Aussie, trying to get out. It's so true! :-)

Ummmmmmmm
LOL

11/22/2005 01:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006