Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Thursday, January 05, 2006

I'm back at Starbucks

It's like coming home to a favourite place... Oh, I HAVE come home to a favourite place!

One thing I noticed about Sydney was that cute asian girls were few and far between, but that might've been because Sydney's such a big place that they ARE few and far between. Now that I'm back in Wellington, I'm reminded of what I've been missing. Mmmm... eye candy.

Because I'm using this PDA to write out posts when I think of them - when I don't have the laptop with me - you might find that I'm doing shorter posts. Now you know why. :-)

Posted on 1/05/2006 08:01:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you mean "eye candy" you've got Deidre for crying out loud! ;-)

Now get your sweet little arse back home and stare at her. Go on! *pat*

1/06/2006 02:49:00 AM  
Blogger Alan Howard said...

Oh, are you one of those people who pretend that once you're in love, that you're not attracted to anyone else any more? Are you one of those who pretend to switch off that natural part of you that attracted you to your partner in the first place? Are you also one of those who, in fits of insecurity, think that you are everything your partner could ever want, and if you catch him looking at another woman, it's the same as if he's cheating on you?

Well, I'm not. Neither is Deidre. :-)

There's this particular type of philosophy that her and I both have. I'm a man, she's a woman. We're naturally attracted to the opposite sex. It's a measure of insecurity and control to demand that your partner not look at anyone of the opposite sex. It's a measure of insecurity to think that you are all your partner needs.

If you're in an unstable and insecure relationship, then you might think that wandering eyes means your partner is looking for someone else. But if you're in a stable, secure and very loving relationship, you know that wandering eyes aren't going to damage what you have. That's what Deidre and I have.

She's often pointing eye candy out to me when she sees it.

Oh, and she's still in Sydney. I think I forgot to mention that. :-) She's getting home tomorrow night.

1/06/2006 09:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006