Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Thursday, January 05, 2006

A memory booster

A couple of days ago I bought a PDA from Celeste, who was selling her 2-year old Ipaq 3870. I played around with it for a day or so, and then decided to buy it. I had already organised with Alex, Peter's friend, for him to get me a second hand one as well, which should arrive in the next few weeks. I'm not going to cancel that, as he might get me a better PDA than this one.

The main reasons I got this is because I'm really getting into keeping a to-do list, and this is excellent for being able to write down things I want to do, as I think of them. It's also excellent for reminding me of those things that I need to do, see, visit, whatever. I love it!

On the plane home last night, I spent most of it just updating the to-do list (Tasks), and writing a few notes for my journal entries. Which I'll now get around to transcribing...

Second-hand PDA's are cheap. I recommend you get one if you want to make your life just that little bit easier.

Posted on 1/05/2006 12:09:00 AM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chancelucky said...

I'm a big fan of my Dell PDA though I confess that I never did get the hang of the to do list. The technology worked fine, but I kept forgetting to check my list.

I even do some of my commenting from my PDA, but currently use it for addresses, mp3s, and an occasional movie. I also use it to check my blog and other blogs that I've linked like yours.

1/05/2006 12:40:00 PM  
Blogger Alan Howard said...

This morning I set up a few websites for synchronising with, so that I can read them when I'm not on the internet. Now I'll have news and information with me EVERYWHERE I GO! Not sure how much of a good idea that will be, but we'll see...

Unfortunately, it only has 64Mb of memory, so I won't be putting movies onto it! But it's got a card slot, so I might have to get a memory upgrade for it.

1/05/2006 01:50:00 PM  
Blogger Chancelucky said...

Definitely, buy a 1 gig SD or CF card. In the US they get down to as low as $39 or so and they make life with a PDA much more fun.

One of the interesting things is that I can carry around most everything I've ever written on a CF card and edit or reread when I'm stuck waiting around.
I've also occasionally used the PDA to read from at readings when I haven't had time to print things out.
a one gig card holds 3-4 full lenght movies easily. It makes long plane flights a lot more bearable.

1/05/2006 02:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006