Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Photos and stock photos

I just wanted to talk about a small change I've implemented in this blog. From now on, I'll be adding a small photo at the beginning of a post, or occasionally somewhere within a post, that is related to what the post is about. These small photos are 'stock photos', meaning that I've obtained them from a website that gives them away for free. They aren't my photos.

You can tell the difference between stock photos and my photos by the fact that my photos will be larger, and will be in the centre of the page, rather than at the beginning of paragraphs. Those small photos at the beginning of a paragraph on the left will be the stock photos.

I thought I'd do this just to introduce a bit of photographic colour and variety to this blog, and to make it somewhat more appealing to the audience.

The stock photos will even act as a form of visual categorisation. I'll use the same images for similar posts. I hope you like it.

Posted on 3/01/2006 01:42:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chancelucky said...

Started using stock photos a few months ago after I read that most people decide to stay on a web page for less than a second

While that's still true, based on my stats, I noticed that more people were staying longer and looking at more pages. I do think scantily clad attractive women tend to get the most attention, but I don't think I'd be willing to go quite that far.

3/01/2006 01:57:00 PM  
Blogger Alan Howard said...

I'll remember that, thanks!

*...goes looking for photos of half-naked ladies...*

3/01/2006 01:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006