Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Random holiday musings

I organised dial-up internet access for my travels around Australia. It's certainly been 'essential' for me continue updating my blog with photos and updates. However, it's a bloody pain having to put up with speeds of around 36 kbps instead of the normal 2 Mb that I'm used to. Oh, the pain! Convenient, but painful.

Australia is hot. I'd forgotten how hot it was, and I knew there was a good reason I enjoyed the more temperate climate of Wellington / NZ. Cold showers are good things.

The hire car was excellent. It was a Mitsubishi Magna. It was so nice, Deidre and I talked about buying one for ourselves.

Cruise control is the bomb! :-) Driving along at 115 km/h (72 mph) is so smooth and relaxing when the cruise control allows you to sit back and do nothing except steer. You can control acceleration and deceleration all from the little knob that's part of the steering wheel. As I said to Deidre today, it's just like sitting back in a couch, relaxing and looking at the scenery going by, and moving your hands every now and again to stay on the road. I like it!

Deidre's dad makes his own beer. He's good at it, and has a lot. I'm draining his supply, I think.

Posted on 12/14/2005 09:49:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chancelucky said...

glad you're enjoying your vacation in your native country

Maybe they have cruise control for blogging.

12/15/2005 12:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006