Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Friday, December 09, 2005

My blogging life

I don't know how much of a blogger you are, or even if you're a blogger at all (a blogger is someone who writes for a blog; usually their own, but not always), but I am a blogger. To me, being a blogger means that I go through life thinking about what I can write about on my blog. The people that I see, the places that I go, the things that I do. I'm always thinking, how can I write about this on my blog?

Most of what I do never gets to see the light of (a blog's) day, but the thought is always there in the back of my mind. How can I turn this into a story, or an article? If I take a photo of it, will it be interesting enough to put on my blog?

I read other people's blogs, or I read the news or some article, and I'm wondering if any emotional reaction I feel is worth blogging about. Most of the time it's not, but sometimes it is.

And then when I write, I wonder how I can frame it in such a way that it'll be interesting to the readers. I want it to have a feeling that is unique to me, but that is interesting in some way to someone who doesn't know me.

Most of all, I write about things that are important to me, that interest me, intrigue me, that cause a reaction in me. I write about things that I see, feel, hear, touch, and smell. Well, sometimes that I smell...

I write about my life, through my eyes. I love writing about it. I love writing it for me, and for you. I hope you enjoy my blogging life as much as I do. :-)

Posted on 12/09/2005 10:02:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found you via the WBA (I'm a memebr too!). I'm sure I'll enjoy your blogging life! I love what I've read so far. I shall return!

12/10/2005 05:15:00 AM  
Blogger Chancelucky said...

Alan,
I agree. Blogging does seem to have changed my consciousness in some ways. It's like having an extended asynchronous conversation and being able to save what were once stray thoughts.
As I've said, I visit your site because it is so openly what's on your mind as opposed to some agenda.

12/10/2005 07:18:00 AM  
Blogger Alan Howard said...

Hi Shawn. I'm very happy to see that you've loved what you read so far. I hope you continue enjoying it for many moons in the future. Welcome!

12/10/2005 03:03:00 PM  
Blogger Alan Howard said...

Chance, thanks for being such a regular visitor, and also the most frequent sender of traffic my way. Cheers!

12/10/2005 03:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006