Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Subscribe to comments

For a while now I've thought about the limitations of blogs (particularly blogspot.com blogs) at notifying people of recently made comments. How can you effectively involve yourself in a discussion on here if you are unaware of new comments that are made in reply to posts?

As the owner of the blog, I had enabled myself to be notified of new comments, allowing me to respond to them. But there's been no 'subscribe to comments' feature for interested people. Until now, that is.

I got one of those brainwaves, where you mind goes 'click'. A 'eureka moment'. If I set up a mailing list that allows people to subscribe to it, and have the comment notifications sending to the email address of the mailing list, then all the subscribers of the mailing list will actually be subscribers to the comments in this blog!

So please, if you're interested in subscribing to comments only, enter your email address and subscribe (on the right there). All emails to the list will be moderated, so that it can receive from anyone but I'll approve only those that are comments to this blog, or that are important to comments subscribers.

I hope you'll take the time to subscribe to comments, so that you can keep up to date with conversations taking place.

UPDATE: To subscribe to posts, you might want to use Bloglines and subscribe to the RSS feed of this site. I recommend it.

Posted on 12/07/2005 12:17:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006