Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Job interview

The second interview was much better than the first. It was another scenario-based interview, where they provide scenarios or questions about my relevent experience, and I have to give examples from my past where I've actually done stuff suggesting I have leadership and management qualities.

It went very well, lasting just over an hour. I had the interviewer quite involved in the stories I told of past experiences. If there's something I'm good at when I'm comfortable - and I was - it's telling stories which are engaging and even humourous. It was rewarding to see him on the edge of his seat on occasions, leaning forward with great interest.

The 'Strategy Guide for my role as Team Leader' went down well, with him saying that he expected none of the others would have that. Did I talk about that before? I can't remember.

I created a 7-point strategy guide for how I would move into the role, detailing ideas I had and how I would work them. It involved management, training, team building and administration.

I also found out that I was the only internal applicant to get a second interview, along with 2 external applicants to succeed. I have more than a 33% chance though, with that strategy guide, and with how well I did during the interview.

I'm confident I did as well as I could, but I'll find out mid next week.

Posted on 12/03/2005 06:14:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you kept an interviewer's rapt attention for an hour, it sounds like you did very well. I'd say you have at least a 70% chance of landing that job (speaking from my experience in working in HR). Best of luck!

12/04/2005 06:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Iiiih! *screams in a girly high-pitched voice* That's great!


/Emelie

12/06/2005 04:14:00 AM  
Blogger Alan Howard said...

Emelie, if you go to write a comment on here, you can 'Choose an identity' by clicking on Other. This will allow you to enter your name and your website, should you so choose, allowing readers to see what your website is as well.

12/07/2005 10:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006