Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

It's all the same reality

I had lunch with a friend today, and during the course of our conversations, she told me that what she likes about me is my consistency across the range of subjects I'm interested in. She said that in the same tone I can write about seeing ghosts and also about the latest events in Iraq, etc.

What it came down to was that I talk about ghosts, spirits, etc, in the same way I talk about politics, news and life. She liked that.

It pointed something out to me, which I said to her. As far as I'm concerned, elements of spirituality exist, for me, in the exact same reality as news and current affairs.

It's my life. It's all related. It's all real. It's all part of the same reality.

Of course, it's not all the same reality to most people. They can't talk about spirits and politics in the same breath, like they can talk about politics and social engagements.

Does that make me weird? :-)

Posted on 12/07/2005 03:57:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chancelucky said...

In America politicians talk about spirituality all the time, it's just that it's almost always the very narrow "christian" view of spirit.

there are many in America who worry that policy is being made based on the Book of Revelations.

12/07/2005 07:13:00 PM  
Blogger Alan Howard said...

Yes, I agree with you on that. I talk about it here as well:http://spirit-blog.blogspot.com/2005/10/harriet-miers-supreme-court-nomination.html

12/07/2005 09:50:00 PM  
Blogger Terrence said...

As you can probity guess from my previous posts, I don't think you’re weird. I believe that we would all be better off if we realised that the physical and spiritual worlds are connected.

12/08/2005 02:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006