Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Letting go of the world

Do not waste a lot of time thinking or talking about the shortcomings or wrong actions of those in power. Their organization of the world has created your opportunity; all you get really comes to you because of them. Do not rage against corrupt politicians. If it were not for politicians we should fall into anarchy and your opportunity would be greatly lessened."

*sigh*

In order for me to focus on bringing money into my life, I really do have to let go of this obsession of mine to come back to politics. I drop it, then pick it up again, then drop it again... I've got to stop picking the damn thing up!

When your life is focused on the problems of those around you, then your life simply becomes filled with problems. When your life is focused on corrupt politicians and bureaucratic systems, then that's all that your life consists of.

When your life is focused on the joys you are currently experiencing, and the joys that exist in your mind that you want to experience, then that's all that your life will consist of.

My friend passioncity and her husband are experiencing this themselves, and are in inspiration to the rest of us. :-)

I'm planning on becoming less focused on the world and the problems with it, and more focused on my own life, and the joys and rewards within it. I think this holiday might be a good start for that.

Posted on 12/11/2005 07:47:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand your reasoning, but if everyone does this, our world will collapse (as it has already started to do).

12/11/2005 10:58:00 PM  
Blogger Alan Howard said...

The good thing is that not everyone is going to do it. Each to their own, and all that. There are many who still need to focus on politics and the state of the world, and that keeps them happy. And then there are those who don't.

Not everyone needs to follow what I want to follow. I do it for myself, and I give the reasons that I do it. I give advice on how others can do the same. But you're right - if everyone did it, the world would collapse.

However, from the ashes of collapse would come something better. Maybe, one day, it all needs to collapse so we can rebuild it better than it's been before.

But until then, I'll just do what I feel is best for myself.

12/12/2005 12:28:00 AM  
Blogger Passion said...

I personally don’t think there is anything wrong having concerns and opinions about the government. But as always, in everything there is a limit, a balance. If your time and energy spent on talking, reading, discussing, studying about politics reach to such an extent that you are not looking after your own ‘portfolio’ – health, family, relationship, financial goals... then the balance is lost. However, if your 'portfolio' is already well balanced, then pursuing politics either as a hobby or as a career out of your passion will only be the icing. This is just my general view rather than point to any individual.

Having said that, I don’t believe pursuing politics means ranting and complaining about all the faults one can find about the government or the society. There are plenty of good deeds polititions do on a daily basis to ensure that we live a safe and good life. We should appreciate that.

A personal blessing I received last night from a community event (each of the 100 audience received a personal blessing) is: We can be artists to beautify this planet through our thoughts of peace. To me, this can be translated into this: whether your passion is politics or something else, never forget that our only job in this world is to contribute peace. Even pursuing politics, I believe there is a positive way of going about it.

Blessings and have a safe holiday Alan! Say Hi to Dee! I read your other post about your family. They look very nice people!

12/15/2005 02:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006