Welcome to the philosophical and spiritual musings of...
Blogging Dating Politics Relationships Personal Development Spirituality
 

Saturday, March 04, 2006

More details on the new work opportunities

I've found out a few more details on Thursday about what my 'role' is, which I talked about here. Three days a week will be spent at a new location, and I'll be sort of a 'Service Desk Advisor'. My role will be to advise this other company on how to develop their own service desk procedures for a new major client. As they create their procedures, I'll be in the background providing advice on good or bad aspects, how to do things better, etc. Basically to bring in 'real world' knowledge to their development. None of their developers have service desk experience, so that's why I'm going to be advising them.

I think it's awesome that I was chosen for this role. It's also awesome that my involvement will require me to be trained up in some new software applications, as well as in ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library - 'the best processes of managing IT services'). The experience, and the training, are going to be great as I move forward in IT.

I'll be starting Monday, working there from Mon - Wed each week for the next month or two, and working Thu - Fri back at my normal place of work. The other company was going to get me to work on someone else's laptop, but I requested that they enable my current laptop on their network, so that I have convenience for working between locations. They approved it. Sweet. :-)

Posted on 3/04/2006 05:57:00 PM


If you have found value in what Alan (the author) has given you, please leave a donation for him so you can enjoy the spirit of giving too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


(C) Alan Howard 1998 - 2006